Oh! This thread is so interesting to find! Does anyone have an update regarding their experiences with Cogmed or MindSparke? Or any other similar type programs? I am interested in helping my son (age 7 in Setpember) increase or help his working memory, which is low (he is not, however, dx with ADD ADHD and I don't think he has ADD/ADHD or if he does it is mild - he just seems to have the workign memory issues/deficits). Anyway, I have been looking for games and such to help. The Eides book (Mislabled Child) recommends CogMed. I've been lookign into the program on the internet but pretty much dismissed it due to cost. However, it turns out that a local psychologist offers the program in my area for $650 includes everything (assessement, program, feedback, boosters etc). That price is low enough for me to consider the program - if, in fact, it can help. I also came accross a free download of Mindsparke.

So any experiences and insights intot these or other similar programs would be much appreciated!

Nik,how did MindSparke work for your child?

Thanks!