Yes, I have a private dx for dysgraphia.

For dysgraphia, the school told us that technically he is at tier 1. However, the teacher completed a rubric showing him to be meeting or exceeding the second grade standards for writing. The psychologist (special ed rep) in our meeting also made it clear that his WJ scores indicated grade-level performance so nothing further is needed. Given this, they have never completed any educational evaluation. They don't see a need. I also haven't requested it because I don't understand what difference it will make if their standard of measurement is the state grade-level standards. He will likely not fall below any grade-level standards.

For speech, she is sending home a form to sign to approve tier 2 interventions. She made it clear that this was a formality. She "only needs two data points from the teacher" to get him to tier 3 and under her care. That is her goal. She said that the teachers don't have time for tier 2 speech interventions and my impression was that she just wanted to check that off the list and keep moving.

Since the speech therapist seemed eager to help, I was wondering how to piggyback the writing into the equation here.