Originally Posted by NikiHarp
I think my concern is how to connect the two. Dysgraphia and pronouncing the letter R aren't in the same ballpark. How do I make the connection?

Did they ever actually complete an educational evaluation? You wrote:
Originally Posted by NikiHarp
The school has been 100% against us. I don't know what else to say about it. They will NOT help him at all. He meets the state standards-case closed

I recall that you have a private dx of dysgraphia, right?

You can certainly leverage the fact that they've opened an RtI conversation to request a complete formal eval. They are required to evaluate in all areas of suspected disability.

You can give them the private dysgraphia info to include in their eval. (They are not required to believe it, but they would be silly not to.)

Working around dysgraphia is a little unpredictable, HK-- it is reasonable to figure that there will be trial and error to see which workarounds the child can actually use. (Speech recognition software vs. typing; what kind of technology on which to type, and in what application; some kids can't learn to type either; etc.) An AT evalution is very helpful in this case.

There may also need to be services, not just accommodations; teaching AT, teaching typing, these are services. Speech is a service, so you're looking at an IEP anyhow.

But getting them to acknowledge the reality of the disability is step 1, IMO. Make the need understood; then set about determining accommodations/services.