Originally Posted by polarbear
Displaced,

We've had both school testing and private testing. Both school and private experiences will be different depending on your location and the experience and motivation of the testers. There are a few reasons I've personally found private testing to be more helpful than school - both are helpful, but if I had to choose one over the other, I'd choose private for these reasons:

Thank you for this very comprehensive and thoughtful post. It brings up a lot of points, some I've thought and others I haven't considered before!

I'm especially interested in finding out comprehensively everything that is happening, plus all therapies that could be used to assist. Plus there is more control over the test situation and I think more comprehension about what tests will occur, and access afterwards is important as well.

Also if we consider changing schools or doing whatever we need for DS's education, an outside perspective from PS is the only one.

Last edited by Displaced; 09/04/14 02:07 PM.

Life is the hardest teacher. It gives the test first and then teaches the lesson.