Originally Posted by Displaced
Hi Again Sue! Thanks for your post. It's helping clarify things for me. I was going to see what the school can do but now I'm thinking there may be no point in bothering except for outside evaluations for things like OT or SLP. The last thing I want to do is make DS sit through another and another test, especially if they happen to administer something that would negate him getting the correct tester to do it later on in a timely fashion. IDK because the time period is so discouraging when going through the school, and until you've waited you don't know who will do testing anyway or what they will do, etc.

Gosh, I hope they won't just give him tests now without notifying me. I did ask to be notified but I sure hope they comply!

How does one go about knowing they specialize in gifted kids? There's one affiliated with our insurance that I will try to pursue reimbursement or coverage of costs. She is the only ped neuropsych in a group of about 8 neuropsychs, so that sounds promising to me, but IDK if she specializes in gifted testing.
The school cannot conduct individual testing without parental consent. Did you already sign consent? If you did, and now want to rescind it for portions of the eval, so that your outside neuropsych can do those parts, make sure to tell them immediately, and then get it in writing to them.

FYI, the time period for school testing once you have signed consent for such is federally-mandated, and in some states, is even shorter than the federal regs. Where I am, we have 30 school days to complete the testing, and another 15 school days to hold the meeting. So roughly two months from signed permission to test.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...