Our DS is now 3.5, this is exactly what 2.5 was like!
Originally Posted by Max's Mom
Hello,

We, and other parents, here share your fears. Since DS 2.5 years was born, we haven't had a full night's sleep and spend our free time trying to find ways to channel his limitless energy and cater to his ever-changing needs and follow his passions until he exhausted the subject. We often feel as if we were never settled in a routine and that there was always a surprise lurking around the corner.
After careful thought, we finally decided to take him out of daycare after 2 years of watching him lose it every morning because he doesn't want to go. He spends long days over there but once he gets home, he is hyperactive and only settles when we respond to his demands for mental stimulation (learning to read, add, learning about various subjects) He is loved by the other kids but remains a loner and prefers the company of a family friend who is 6 years old or my father who takes him to the museum every week. So we will try homeschooling a few months with his nanny who has a degree in education and see...We are looking at Montessori and other private schools for next year as simply playing all day does not seem to be enough (where we live, formal education starts much later).

I honestly dug my heels for a long time wanting my kid to be "normal" and have a " normal" education. Reading the posts in this forum really helped me see things in an alternative way and take that first step...welcome