Of Course, I understand what you are saying. My intro was meant to be humorous, but...I guess I am not a gifted comedian.

I also did not want to provide a list of gifted attributes that my daughter possess. I personally have little doubt that my daughter is gifted. Some kids it may be hard to tell until they are older, but almost anyone who carries on a conversation with my daughter for any length of time, or just watches her carefully will see that she sees the world extremely clearly.

What I do want to focus on is thinking clearly about the upcoming decision of school. In the event that she is gifted. What actions I might decide if she is MG, HG, EG or PG. Or, not within local definitions of gifted.

No, I won't necessarily feel kicked out if my daughter tests low on an IQ test, but I will likely find different uses for my time.

My current fears are what if she is EG or PG, and yes they are fears. I do have some inside knowledge of the negative side effects of having an extremely able mind.

In the PG case I would very likely have to be ready to home school her if traditional school really isn't working. MG or HG I would most likely try everything in my power to make traditional school work. EG and it could go either way.

Of course every child and every situation is different, and I can't plan every scenario, but I feel it is necessary for me to be as armed with information as possible.