DD8 has ADHD and also had processing issues. It's not necessarily obvious in a 1 on 1 situation like an IQ test. There is a person right there keeping the child focused and on task. DD's main problem in the classroom is all the distractions and activity. The difference between her processing speed and GAI on the WISC was something like 60 points. Which in many/most cases is probably not normal. She also has problems with math fluency and remembering the math facts. If you ask what is 9+5 she may very well give you a blank stare for a few seconds even though it's not a hard question. Her working memory was fine, 96th percentile I think so those are two different issues. Some neuropsychs do computerized testing for ADHD which you could look into. It seems more objective to me than someone's random observations. It measures how long a child can sustain attention and how impulsive they are. DS had this testing and he tended to slow way down in his responses after a while, indicating possible inattentive ADHD. Since medication has been so helpful with DD we are doing a trial of meds with DS as well. If they don't help much or at all, then I will assume his issue is something other than ADHD.