Female bonding! grin

Induced from nothing with #1. It's the only childbirth thing I'm evangelical about: don't EVER induce from zero! (To help labor once it's started, maybe. From nothing? Just say NO!!!!)

I endured 23 hours of bone-crushing labor, 3 hours of which was pushing, needing 3 epidurals and 2 pushing doses...and still no baby. They almost had to use the forceps. I was exhausted, so they let me roll over and quit pushing for a while. After 30 minutes of rest, my stubborn DS7 finally decided he was ready and came in just (just?!?) another 30 minutes.

Yeah, don't get me started on what happens when we let the suits make decisions about medical care... mad

OTOH...

I went natural with #2, warning my midwives from my very first appointment that I would not be willing to induce even on pain of death. They pooh-poohed me...until I was at 41 weeks (again!) Happily though, DS4 came on his own at 42 weeks. I delivered natural, but on my hands and knees (because being on my back was too painful), which was even exciting for the midwife and nurse--first time that had ever happened for them! smile They were so excited and funny about it. I guess it gets boring to do the same thing the same way all the time, even when the same thing is delivering a child!

Like breastfeeding, natural childbirth isn't one of those things I think everyone "must" do. I totally respect that everyone has different needs. But for me, natural childbirth was sure a whole lot nicer than the highly clinical experience of my induced labor. I felt fantastic after natural childbirth! All those endorphins! And labor itself really was not that bad for me when it came on it's own terms. DH says I have the best looking postpartum photo of any he's ever seen. I'm sweaty, but I look positively cheerful! laugh

SUCH a better experience!

Kriston