Originally Posted by Incogneato
Just pay attention to what's going on and gauge your child's most common mood after school and also before school. It they are always upset about the prospect of going to school in the morning, it's worth looking into.

I agree completely. It's so hard because we never know when a school is telling us what we want to hear and when they're going to live up to what they promise until we're in the thick of it.

So hard!

And BTW, the example I gave wasn't even our big-time bait and switch example from a pre-K... frown A second school sold us a serious line and then delivered on none of it for half the year, until DH and I overcame our phobia of making waves and became "those parents." It was very disappointing.

They can promise you the moon, but it's whether they deliver or not that matters. And they say very little that can tip you off, so you really do have to read between the lines carefully. So I think that anyone dissuading your son from pursuing his interests is probably someone to watch out for. It means they don't *get* him, and finding someone who *gets* your GT child is really 3/4 of the battle!

Kriston