No... is Avi the author's name?

He did read "Eli, the Kid Who Hated to Write" and loved it.
He really likes fantasy, tho. Right now he is reading the Seventh Son series and FLYING through it. They are creepy imo. But he loves that stuff.

Oh, and to answer your other question about whether or not he was permitted to use a keyboard for the camp - the camp was called "young writers on computers" so it was about using the computer to write... The other camps offered were all by handwriting. Although, they were handed a copybook and told to "write their notes and jot down their ideas in it. He wrote one line in it. He wanted to do the camp last year but couldn't because of the handwriting. Technically, he wasn't suppose to be able to do the computer one this year either b/c it was only open to kids who had finished third grade (and he just finished 2nd) but I was tired of him not being able to do any creative writing camps b/c of his dysgraphia so I pushed for him to allowed in the computer writing camp. And they were really pissy about it (next time, I am just gonna lie about his grade!) But he enjoyed the camp immensely and I am so glad he got to do it. He loves to write and is creative. He really wants to be a writer when he grows up - he wants to write books, screenplays, and even video games. But he needs work on organizing his writing. Really and so this camp wasn't just about him doing something he loved, I do want him to get some instruction on how to organize his writing and how to do his craft/art.

Last edited by Irena; 07/30/14 06:24 PM.