Originally Posted by polarbear
I would also ask - what does this have to do with the creative writing class (please don't flog me for asking that - I totally get how handwriting is wrapped up in everything!).. but really, this is a creative writing class, right? What did he like about the class itself? Since your ds loves writing, I would guide him to write a bit about what type of creative writing he enjoys, or how he writes from his life experiences (if he does) or how he dreams up his characters etc.

Well, I think it's just suppose to be an "about the author" I don't think it's suppose to be specific to the camp or writing. Like, you know, on the back of a book where it says "about the author: So-and-So is married, has three kids, and lives in Connecticut." I guess he felt like this is what he would say.

I guess my DS and I just can't answer these questions in a socially appropriate manner! LOL. I was going to have him change "hate" to "dislike" and take out the "boring" part (because really that is kind-of a gratuitous insult) so it would read "DS dislikes school but loves learning. He dislikes handwriting because of his dysgraphia but loves writing on the computer." I guess I could just make him write "DS is going into third grade at Such and Such elementary and likes to write and read fantasy fiction." I suppose we both need like specific social skills training for this stuff! I am constantly shocked at the suburbia's incredible aversion to anything less than perfect and fluffy. But I come from the inner city so I always thought that was why I had a bit of culture shock with regard to that. But maybe I am just missing a particular set of social skills and my DS is too!

Last edited by Irena; 07/30/14 03:10 PM.