Yes, his ability is a 140+ level.

I think what I am struggling with is how to explain to teachers, tutors, etc. that him being one year ahead or even two years ahead isn't enough and that we are going to keep doing extra work (on top of year round school) until he is ____ years ahead. (Not sure what 99.99% on achievement is in grade equivalents)

I was not even sure if ability/achievement equality was a possibility. I was just thinking we were trying to lessen that huge almost 60 point gap. It is working obviously but there is still work to be done.

He handles it all really well and is good natured about all the extra work. So that isn't the issue.

It is more how to frame our goals without sounding like crazy tiger parents and losing creditability. It is one thing to talk about 2e generally and everyone agree that yes, yes he is very bright boy and everyone has strengths and weaknesses and then another to lay out expectations that he be working ____years ahead by _______ time and we plan to measure his progress at regular intervals to see that this is happening.

All of this is being done privately so we aren't dealing with a school district. He goes to private school and Lindamood Bell currently.