Hmmm..."always wanting to discuss" with you - I can relate to this! DD8, my talkative extrovert, still asks me to sit by her while she does homework, reading, or playing math games. The only way we would know for certain she was asleep when she was small was to listen by the door to see if she was still talking wink. Actually, that is still true.

DD thinks out loud. She likes to bounce ideas off of us. Constantly.

The good news is - DD is fine at school, and finishes her work. At home, however, she is a terrible homework procrastinator, and her homework has become my personal nightmare. I am guessing some of the problem is that the grade-level worksheets might be boring...but then again, not EVERYTHING at school should be wildly entertaining, either! I cannot imagine homeschooling my DD because of the procrastination issues, BUT if she is learning something SHE wants to learn...super-focused!

When she learned to read (luckily this came early), things improved greatly. She luckily loves to read almost as much as she loves to talk... wink Still, she prefers to read snuggled up next to myself or my husband, or when she's tired us out - the dog (who has endless patience).