My apologies if I did not remember exactly. I have taken a look at the previous posts.

Originally Posted by greenlotus
We have not been offered any subject acceleration
I had developed the impression that your daughter had been offered single subject acceleration from
I just heard back from the AG teacher, and she suggested single subject acceleration for our daughter next year (the test to get that will be offered late Spring).We can do math OR language arts (who knows why you have to choose just one!!).

You wrote: "When reading a book for gifted children which she was given, she inquired about her own intellectual profile and was told she was average. This may have been both untrue and painful."
I had developed that impression from
Originally Posted by previous post
Awhile back I purchased "The Survival Guide for Gifted Kids" which DD (just turned 9) dragged around everywhere for a couple of weeks. I had read good things about this book. Fast forward to this week, and DD is begging for her IQ score. This request came out of the blue, and I had no idea where she even got the IQ term. She then mentioned the survival guide, and how kids with an IQ of a 100 have an average IQ, on and on. When I told her that I would give her that information when she is 18, she began to talk about how she probably has a score of 100 because she is so average, etc , etc. She asked me again yesterday, and again I said, "When you are 18." She's mad that I won't share. Sigh. I won't tell her of course, but if I know her, she is going to go search so I need to hide the paperwork! Who has had all this go on?
It may have been more accurate to say it appears she was allowed to believe, for a time, that she was average.

When she asked for her IQ score, we showed her the IQ scale so she could see where she was
Prior posts seem to indicate this happened after some delay, during which DD9 expressed anger that information was being withheld.

... without us giving her the exact score (we were advised against it).
As with many parenting questions, sharing a child's IQ score with the child may be somewhat controversial, resulting in forum discussions of both potential pros and cons. While there may no "right" or "wrong" answer the child may have thoughts and feelings about how the matter is/was handled within their family.

I don't know what you mean by "dead ends".
Prior posts alluded to friendships which ended abruptly, principal not following through, etc. While items generally may be resolved over time, the lack of a positive outcome and/or closure in a given situation may result in disappointment, a need to heal, and also gaining skill in regrouping and moving forward with a positive sense of what one may have done differently "if I knew then what I know now".

Your daughter is fortunate to have such a dedicated mom.