Originally Posted by blackcat
Yes, he has DCD. It just seems like if a kid has a problem with reverse digits, they would also have a problem with Letter-Number Sequencing. I don't really understand why they give two tests that are practically the same. Why not do digit span and then something completely different, like visual memory.

Yeah, I hear you. I agree. I remember really looking for info on this exact issue a few years ago. Back then, DS WMI wasn't good. When it was broken down his LNS was okay and his forward digits was good. His reversed digits? deplorable. Second test with SB-V (has the digits tests but no LNS ... I think?) He did quite well on digits forward - not so great on digits backwards leading to a pretty solidly average WMI. Almost two years later, he scores superior on LNS and High Average on digit span and I suspect DS broke down into superior on numbers forward and probably like low average on backwards... BUT not entirely sure.

It does seem like digits backwards taps into something - and I suspect something specific to dyspraxia or dysgraphia. Portwood seems to say as much but she doesn't say what it is .... probably no one knows yet.

Last edited by Irena; 05/07/14 08:45 PM.