Interesting. He wasn't trying to deterimine if DS was gifted and I think everyone was surprised by the 18-19 scores in PR (block design was more like 13 I think). All it said in the report was that the PR score is most likely an underestimate of his visual spatial ability because of the motor component involved with block design. The Grooved Pegboard was timed as well and involves just putting pegs in a board. He was ridiculously slow and I'm guessing that is also what happened with the blocks. He's still slow with fine motor skills but not as bad.

I will probably get him re-tested at some point if we stay with this school district. I don't think they will accept IQ scores from outside providers unless they are specific ones that are pre-approved. DS went to a major university and I'm sure it was fine, so it's annoying if we'd have to re-test just because it wasn't done by the "right" person. I also don't know if they'd accept test scores that were done on a 6 year old for entrance to gifted programming in third grade. The school uses the CogAT but I'm worried he will be too slow since it's timed and probably involves writing or filling out bubbles, so I might refrain from filling out the permission form for that.