Originally Posted by blackcat
[quote=Jefferson]
I wonder why he had 3 tests done for working memory? And which were used in the scores? My kids each had two (DD had arithmetic and letter/number and DS had digit span and letter/number).

Here's my understanding of this based on what our neuropsych told us when testing (keep in mind, I'm just a parent and it's been several years since my ds was tested). On the WISC, ,there's an option to administer one of the optional subtests when a tester feels that the score on one subtest might not be representative of true ability in that area. If the score on the optional subtest is higher it can be substituted in calculating FSIQ - but with a note attached to the test report re which subtests were used in the calculation. My guess is that when the OP's child Letter/Number subtest score came in at 12 (low relative to other subtests), the tester opted to administer the optional Arithmetic subtest, that test score was higher, and was most likely substituted in place of the Letter/Number subtest score.

polarbear