A ceiling is reached (from my understanding) under two circumstances. The child either answered all the questions with correct responses or the rule for stopping was not reached (like getting a certain number wrong in a row...)

This indicates that if there were more questions a higher score in that area might have been reached.

The 19s and yes some 18s indicate a ceiling may have been hit. Of course...19 may have been were your child naturally stopped. Given the number of 19s I'd highly expect ceilings were hit.

I would email your tester and inquire if ceilings were hit and with which subtests. Some testers will use extended norms to continue the questions and further gauge ability. And those can even be ceilinged!

As to GAI...with the processing speed I'd imagine GAI is a better indicator of overall academic success and intellectual ability. Ask your test if she/he will calculate GAI as well for you. Lower processing speed, from my understanding, is not unusual for young highly and profoundly gifted children.

Last edited by N..; 04/24/14 04:41 AM.