I used to think DS5 had ADHD because of his constant talking, asking questions, low desire to repeat activities or games, and other behaviors. I was certain of it, until it was dismissed as a diagnosis (for now at least) by the ed. psychologist during testing. After doing some reading on G kids, I wonder if that is the cause for his behaviors. Him either needing constant information/verbal stimulation, or maybe just how his brain needs different things.

I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed at times. This behavior was always present (constant talking every minute he's awake), but I find myself having lower tolerance for it as I get older and am less able to multitask. I call for quiet times (no talking until X activity is done) just so I can concentrate. This will work occasionally while driving or when I need to get something hot out of the oven. Usually at other times it's ineffective for more than 5 min. Another poster mentioning her DS making sounds reminded me of DS. Though my DS has random squeals while excited, the talking is usually worse for my concentration because I can't ignore talking.

Any tips or just random parental/gifted advice? I've instituted a "play time" immediately after school to help DS burn off energy, we walk to and from school, and I try to limit TV but he still gets more than I'd like. Will this decrease as DS gets older? Should I start to enforce quiet times or just hope this will improve? TIA!

Life is the hardest teacher. It gives the test first and then teaches the lesson.