I was told that he would only qualify for an IEP if he had issues that interfered with his education (obviously, being bullied makes it difficult). His OT told me last week that they never even give OT services with a significant fine motor delay unless there is a delay in another area. I had heard the same thing from others in other districts (i.e., that they have to have something that interferes with their education to qualify).

I tried searching Wrightslaw and did see that functional behavior must be included in an IEP, but I couldn't find anything about whether a child could qualify based just on that. It isn't something I have researched before, so I will look into it more.

Honestly, though, I doubt I would get anything even if I pushed. We are in an area with few resources and few therapists. They have been very willing to give him gifted accommodations on an informal basis and I think I would be less likely to get that with a poor relationship with them. If it becomes critical, though, I will definitely look into those options.