My son previously and developmental delays but has been doing well. I'm posting here because I do still think he may have some differences from other kids.

He is in kindergarten but goes to first grade for part of the day. His school has been wonderfully supportive and we have been very impressed with them.

Recently, another child has started taking my son's lunch every day. We didn't realize right away because he didn't say much about it. They sit together and the other child helps himself to anything he wants in my son's lunch.

I have talked with the teacher and they say they he should just tell a teacher. He says that he has told a teacher and they tell the other child to stop, then go to do something else and the child goes back to taking the food.

My son's teacher is wonderful, but she isn't there at lunch. I'm going in to try to see who is there and what exactly is happening.

I'm really not sure what else I can do because my son does not qualify for an IEP. My next step, after seeing what the lunchroom looks like, is to talk with the principal.

There is surely something the school can do to stop this from happening, even in a busy lunchroom. Do any of you have suggestions? Would you ask for him to eat at another table? I'm concerned he would feel ostracized.

Last edited by apm221; 03/24/14 08:21 AM.