Just my opinion but any kind of "bragging" is a delicate thing in general. It's truly a balance. I had a friend who would brag a bit about her daughter and talk about how she thought her daughter was gifted. That was fine ( although let's face it, it can get tiring) but what really hurt me was she would in the next sentence point out the deficiencies in my son. Turns out obviously she was right to an extent b/c my son is 2e however I didn't need her comments and the feeling that all she ever noticed about my kid was his deficiencies. Eventually I found her too condescending and tiresome. Yeah, I was too sensitive but she certainly could have been more sensitive. I brag a little but not too much - b/c it's really not pleasant to be on the other side of it a lot.

Oddly my son is on the ATP program at his school but as far as I know her daughter had yet to be identified. ( I suspect she is probably gifted but maybe is missing ID due to poor group screening test or something - I don't know for sure b/c I don't ask when used her which isn't much anymore)

Last edited by Irena; 03/08/14 11:07 AM.