Originally Posted by indigo
socially behind during junior high and had a lot of emotional issues during the ages 11 - 14.
While you know yourself best, so many children have issues at this age... is it possible that the issues were not related to the grade skip, but may have occurred regardless?

Thank you, indigo, for your questions. I think the issues might have occurred regardless, but one more year of maturity would have helped me deal with them. But who knows?

Ds7 could possibly benefit from a skip, but I am worried that it might further isolate him socially from his peers.
This may depend in part on his/your definition of "peers"... chronological age? intellectual peers? academic peers? Some families find it helpful to develop several sets of peers/friends/acquaintances through various interests, extracurricular activities, clubs, camps, etc.

Kiddo is probably HG and in private school with lots of MG(+) kids, but still bored. I think our next steps may be testing to see if he a possible DYS and to help with advocacy. Unfortunately we are in an affluent area so the teachers are weary of hearing about "special" "accelerated" "underchallenged" children and thus tend to tune out our concerns.