Jenni,
What visual and auditory processing tests did the OT perform? I wonder how those differ from those on the WISCIV/PRi subtests? Did he conjecture about the discrepancy (high gifted range vs above avg on WISCIV)?

I've read similar things to Dottie online that VCI is a better predictor of academic ie success in school. My best guess is that a strong PRI may mean visual-spatial learner and typically, that is not how schools teach.

The WISCIV was overweighted for WMI and PSI compared to earlier tests and WMI and PSI are poor predictors of intellectual ability. However, I did read in the WISCIV Technical Report that two kids w/ identical GAIs but one w/ lower PSI/WMI values will look very different in the classroom.

Here is what I found on the block design subtest of PRI:
Block design: a pure test of perceptual intelligence, BD is the only PRI subtest that factors heavily w/ overall intelligence. BD will give you a good clue to innate intellectual potential. However, BD is a visual-motor task and peformance may be developmental or related to motor deficiency.

That's why I say you really need the scaled scores to get much info from the testing.