Thanks for your advice. We feel like we are drowning a bit at the moment. The pyschologist was not the nicest - she just didn't connect with DS at all - she glossed over the achievment side of things and just concentrated on the "disorder" side. When we showed DS's school the report, they said it is was like reading about a completely different child. None of it made sense. As an example, she felt that DS was borderline aspergers - the school couldn't understand this at all (and given they have a fair few aspergers kids, I trust their opinion). Yes, DS can be quirky, it takes him a while to trust someone and open up, he fidgets a lot, but he basically is a average kid with above average academic skills. Maybe we are burying our heads in the sand, but given that nobody else has ever raised this issue, it came a bit out of the blue. The pschycologist is reluctant to give us his sub-test scores, and I am not sure why. I still find it hard to believe that she didn't know what a GAI was. She said his FSIQ was 127 but that it was inaccurate due to his 32 point gap. Sorry for the long winded reply, we are just trying to undertand all of this information, and resources are a bit scarce in Australia.