Thank you so much for your support ! I know it sounds odd, but I am sitting here with tears in my eyes as I feel that finally someone understands our situation. The school, to be honest, find the whole gifted thing amusing. They looked at the reports for both the elder boys, and commented "wow, aren't they lucky to be so clever", and then said "we don't really have anything available to offer them, we only have extra programs for those who are having difficulties". There is NO government funding for gifted education at primary school level (for USA readers, this is 5 years up to 12 years). We do what we can at home (but it can be exhausting - DS6 just wanted to keep telling me facts about orca whales last night while i just wanted to chill and watch TV), but are unsure how much to push the school as it seems that nmore we push, the more the teachers turn away. I don't know any other parents with gifted children, so support is not easy to come by. I have now sent the psychologist an e-mail asking for the subtest scores (again). This is the wimps way out - I could ring her, but by e-mail I can sound more assertive !

thanks again for all your advice.