I have observed what you have described very well. It is definitely one of the hurdles in parenting during this period of time. Non-gifted families have that problem as well. I remember when Tipper Gore was fighting this fight on behalf of America's children but since the Gores split up they seem to have much less of a public presence. Maybe someone with a high profile will read your message and take up the cause. For your family, I'd say to make sure the family and the school provide enough of other type of materials and activities and link your child to other kids as well (away from such an emphasis on gaming). The up side is many gamers are very smart and do become gainfully employed in our ultra-techy world. There are so many people who know how to hack we will probably all have to learn how to hack so that the good guys can beat the hackers. The other up side is that learning about all of the different types of people at school prepares you for dealing with all of the other people at work, social gatherings, the market, the airport.... You sound like you are super-perceptive. Your communication is very clear. Sounds like you are on top of it.