Sweetie - I'll look into that - thanks!

cdfox - It does sound like we need a process of elimination, but I think we need to address the academics first then sensory if needed. The teacher is supposed to get back to me after conferring with others about what they might be able to do. We haven't had a meeting yet - just spoken on the phone.

As far as I know, they are allowed to move around the room or sit in the quiet corner if needed. But he's also doing things like reading during morning announcements and when redirected, usually complies but gets frustrated I think because people are always "bossing him around." This is his thing lately - wanting to exert some independence by not following the rules. This morning, he got dressed in clothes that were too small (pants and shirt too short LOL - yes, I should have gotten them out of the drawer...) but I told him to change and he threw a fit about how we can't control what he wears. He changed and then said, "look at me! why are you making me wear this?" when I didn't even pick it out LOL smile

Edited to add that we do supply materials at home, educational apps, and computer time. He love learning things on YouTube and also loves making PowerPoint slides! I've bought all the elementary Life of Fred math books and he flew through them. I may need to buy the next level. He's been tinkering with algebra for a while. Not sure about taking things to school - I'm sure we will discuss that with the teacher.

Last edited by bronalex; 02/26/14 10:48 AM. Reason: Added more

Mom to 2 kiddos - DS 9 with SPD and visual processing issues and DD 6 who is NT