Well, for me, the gloves mostly only come off in an emergency or if I'm with others who can keep up. Otherwise in group problem solving, I lead through questions. But it is a style I developed starting in like third grade, and am constantly revising.

Much of such things can come from verbal and non-verbal cues. Like what do you do when you become highly engaged in a topic or have a solution? I've known myself to send off some intense vibes, like sitting on the edge of my seat, leaning forward, reduced blinking, raised voice volume. Or if you are in hot pursuit of an answer, are you firing off a series of questions to different people?

Do you by habit correct people (grammar, minor factual points, logic flaws)? Correcting intimidates people, and some people just do it without thinking and with the belief they are being helpful. Though in practice it tends to stifle and make people anxious and unconfident.

It's a rough balancing act, as if you go too far the other way then you can waste a lot of effort contextualizing solutions to build trust.