Well, this is where we are...since I tried homeschooling just last year, and it really wiped me out, we are going to try the one private school that we think would be the best for her. I am not opposed to homeschooling again if I need to, but she really wants to go to school, and be with kids, that is something that no matter how good of a job I do/did, it wasn't going to make a difference.
Yes, I am catching myself telling her that we will "try" this, although first she has to shadow, then be accepted. In the meantime, I am going to keep her home from school, and give some homeschooling a try.
I totally understand the GT program dilemma. I can see that being a problem. Luckily, one of our neighbors teaches at the private school, and his son is gifted, in math, and he was able to tell me how they are helping him. And yes, they go deep, not lots of worksheets. So, after all the research, I am going to give it a try, but am well aware that it just may not work.
I love the idea I got earlier about writing a contract, talking to my dd right away about how sometimes we just have to do things we don't want to do, etc.
You guys are a wealth of information, and I feel so much better "talking" to you all. Any more suggestions, please feel free.