I wouldn't say it's "easily treatable". My third cousin who is eight was put on a stimulant and they removed him from treatment because he lost 3 lbs the first week. Other children develop tics similar to Tourette's. The stimulants can cause children to have long term growth delays.

Our friends ds who graduated last year was on 3-4 meds and finally was home bound due to severe anxiety issues after a teacher made comments in class that he wasn't fit for the honors class because he could only do half the work of the other students. He developed such severe panic problems that it appeared he was having seizures, but they were panic attacks.

The only girl I know who had ADHD dropped out after being a social outcast. Our pastors ds had to be homeschooled after he started high school because he couldn't keep up with the homework and focus in school. He still has severe social issues!

While there may be individuals who are successful, most people have a very difficult time surviving school. It's a lifelong struggle and "easily treatable" means there are medications available to treat the issue, not that it cures the problems. Just my 2 cents.