Visited pediatrician today. He felt the unspecified ADHD diagnostic was correct, but the IQ scores were too low and werent even close. Dr is prescribing Quilivant.

My husband is very upset. I told him we are out of options, that there are no alternative schools and this is what happens to kids like ds when thrown into a class of 24 with one overworked teacher and unrealistic expectations coming down from the hierarchy.

If anything his behaviors are worse in his new classroom, but I can't bear switching him back to the other teacher who I associate with the witch in the Wizard of Oz.

This is a hard blow to take. I'm afraid all they will now see is ADHD and not the fact that he is brilliant. And I wonder what happens if he can't tolerate the meds? He already leans to the anxious side of things already. I guess I start the countdown until he graduates!

Do you feel ADHD is a diagnosis that is more apparent and understood or are the # of cases actually increasing like we see in the Autism Spectrum? Too many questions and not enough answers!