After special Ed meeting it looks like they are pointing out behaviors and starting a Connors due to ADHD behaviors.

In ds new classroom he is up more and talking and making noises. His new class has less structure. However his teacher pointed out that he speaks and thinks differently than most five year olds. Vocab is very advanced, unique interests, and long creative stories. While his handwriting is poor, his Peabody scores were all 2's pointing to more advanced skills.

School OT believes he is suffering from anxiety, hence the chewing of clothes at school but not at home. Two members of the team say they have seen the behaviors in very bright children. Starting Stanford Binet and Woodcock in January.

How do I get ds help? Standard ADHD meds don't work well with children who have anxiety. DS is so thin already i fear the consequences of stimulants, and how they may effect his fragile sleep routine. I already have ds on a multivitamin, fiber and DHA. Trying healthier eating. Will he ever survive public school? I feel like falling apart. I've seen so many children with ADHD fall apart emotionally due to their behaviors and the school environment, translating to low self esteem.