Yes, I agree that IQ shouldn't matter or other test scores, except it can limit their options or opportunities. Already I've faced barriers with my pg 2e ds8 from being in DYS and other programs. I don't have a qualifying test score yet I have a portfolio and many, many work samples to show his prodigious talents - which DYS has approved and shows pg.

So what else matters and how do I remove the obstacles that might otherwise limit my child? Well, these are my questions too.

Matters - I'd have to say the rate and speed that they're learning or going through material; my son had global developmental delays. Most kids are not picking up college level textbooks. They're not plucking out and getting excited by quadratic equations. They're not devouring books like potato chips. They're not so intense, so curious, so probing, or wanting to go into such depth or breadth.

Stereotypical mathy/physicists clumsy geeks - Put my grandfather, great uncle, uncle, and now my son in that column. Probably loads more in my family as well. They all have had an intense desire to see how things work and take things apart.