Well, I'm going to offer a slightly different take on this-- would you say that this is a global kind of problem for your DD?

Or is it particular to school and group/pairs work where she is working with those who are working far below her readiness level?

How old is she, again?

In any child under about 9-10yo, I'm not sure that asking them to be patient and kind about acting as a remedial tutor to a partner, while carrying the bulk of the academic load for their OWN grade... is all that appropriate.

I'm not suggesting that YELLING at the other child(ren) is a good solution-- of course this is not appropriate behavior either.

But it sounds as though this is ultimately a problem which is being caused by a VERY unequal yoking of students. Is your child being asked to serve as a teacher's helper? No? While I respect that there is a place for group work, I don't really see the educational benefit if a pair of students working together on a task are years apart in readiness and understanding. I'm an adult and the impulse is still strong to elbow the other person out of the way and do it myself, at least if MY name is going to be attached to it.

KWIM?

Can the teacher make it a point to group your child with those of similar ability?

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.