So on the one hand, there is my fear that next year's teacher will NOT be amazing like this one. And we KNOW from pre-K that DS can seriously fall apart if school is not working for him.

But on the other hand, skipping does freak me out. My instinct is that DS is a high 130s/low 140s kid. Not DYS. In a different school system I would skip him. But due to where we live, our kids do have the option of entering into a self-contained completely GT/accelerated system for the rest of their school years starting in grade 2. The level of work is not necessarily so hard, but the AMOUNT of work is massive. It has been tough on my motivated, hard-working age-appropriate girl with excellent writing skills. Developmentally, it really might be a mistake for him. So, I guess I have been thinking that the risks of skipping outweigh the possible benefits. Then again, I have a teacher basically waving a sign in my face that says SKIP. When does that even happen?

I guess what I really need to do is get him tested and get the IAS. He will be IQ tested at the END of K by the school.