I'm astonished that they have any predictive value whatsoever. CB jealously guards some of their own statistics-- they are particularly hard to nail down re: the subject tests. Big surprise.

Maybe we don't mean the same thing by "statistics", but I actually find them to be pretty open about the subject tests, at least the curve on them. Here is a link to the average scores last year:

http://professionals.collegeboard.com/testing/sat-subject/scores/average

And if you search for "sat subject test percentages 2012", you get a link to a .pdf with all the subject tests and the percentile of each score. I can't put the link in, my Adobe is acting up and won't open the file unless I reboot my computer. frown

Like HowlerKarma's D, my D2 was very, very good at Lit. She was also able to ace Math II on her second try (first one wasn't so hot). I think kids who read a lot can do well on Lit with minimal amount of studying on various literature forms. I think my D spent maybe an hour with a prep book for Lit. So if your kid is a reader, go for Lit. It isn't about which books they have read at all, so don't worry if they aren't well tutored in all the classics. It is more the ability to read and analyze, as long as they understand the different types of poetry meter and things like that.