Originally Posted by Bostonian
Originally Posted by Ametrine
I'm surfing the net and came across this article by Mercury News Most Workers Hate Their Jobs or Have "Checked Out", Gallup Says

The poll states that those with a college degree are more likely to be running on "auto-pilot" at work.

According to this poll, 44% of people like their jobs so much that they would continue working at them even if given $10 million:

Humm....

Interesting. Do you think they're lying? If so, why??

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/08/16/winning-the-lottery-but-keeping-your-job/
Winning the Lottery, but Keeping Your Job
By CATHERINE RAMPELL
New York Times
August 16, 2013

According to Gallup, two-thirds of American workers say they would continue working even if they won $10 million in the lottery.

I suppose it would not surprise me if that many people said they wanted to continue working, but would switch to a new, fantasy career that they had forgone because it did not pay enough or was too risky (nonprofit work, opening a cupcake bakery, etc.). But most people who say they would continue working specified that they would like to continue in their current jobs.

[...]

About half of respondents with postgraduate degrees and half of respondents with no more than a high school diploma said they would stick with their current positions if they won the lottery. Only about a third of respondents with some college or a college degree but no postgraduate work said they would stick with their current jobs.