I love my job (I work in research, so it's very interesting, intriguing, and sometimes even challenging...not often, but sometimes LOL). There are two areas of difficulty for me: First, that I often have to interact with others. Being very introverted, this is a struggle for me. I really have to push myself hard in this area. Second, I find myself losing focus quite often, mostly at the times where I find myself bored and unchallenged (sound familiar?) Not much I can do to overcome this but to force myself to stay focused as much as possible. It took me about 40 years to get to this place of contentment. I thought I was dumb in high school (even though the school offered my parents a two-grade skip at one point, which they mistakenly turned down...turns out I just over-thought everything...always thought the correct answer COULDN'T be correct because that would be too easy!), and didn't really flourish academically until I was an adult college student and realized, hey, I really am intelligent. Ended up becoming the valedictorian of my college class. If only I could stay a student forever!

Last edited by highwinds; 07/31/13 12:14 PM.