I'm a creative person who learned early on that I didn't do well in the "stuffed shirt" corporate world. I began working, as many do, in fast-food. I once asked my boss why he wanted me to wipe the counters that I had just wiped down five minutes ago. I'm sure you know his response. Later, I worked in a leasing company and hated the corporate politics and the structure.

While I don't consider myself gifted by the definition, I do know I am talented. My talent lies in the arts. I wanted to be an architect, but my dad (an engineer) told me I didn't have the mathematical ability. That killed me.

I jumped the corporate ship and went to beauty school to be a nail tech. (Fancy words for manicurist.) While I liked the creative nature (sculptured nails), I hated the one-on-one aspect with clients. I'm an introvert. Bad combo. I once had a client complain to my boss that while my work was beautiful, I didn't talk enough and that made her feel uncomfortable!

Oh, and the pay generally sucked.

I later found an apprentice position as a Scientific Glassblower. I was very, VERY happy with that. I could work creatively on my own and talk with others in the shop...or not.

So, I'd say gifted/talented are happy in their chosen careers if it suits various aspects of their personalities, AND also pays the bills!