Playdoh. Right around 19 months DS became hooked on playdoh. Initially I would make what he asked. His fine motor precluded too much realism early on, but who needs realism. Still one of his favorite toys at 6. One of the most open ended toys there is. Instead of the tiny jars buy the big plastic bags so there's enough to really make stuff. Encourage color mixing, just squeeze it all up at the end and it makes the dino colors of gray or brown which saves indefinitely in a ziplock. I found making our own never worked well because it eventually went moldy, sticky etc.

Other dino ideas, will need help for some:
Dinosaurs Geopuzzle
Dinosaur Bingo (good from this age)
For Kids Puzzler Deck Dinosaur Science (mix of dino facts and puzzles, some easy like match a pic of back legs onto the right dino). Can't find this on amazon, maybe out of print.
Dinosaur Train PBS online games
Make-A-Saurus Magnetic Activity (nice chunky magnets for little fingers). For the Dino Train fan.
Dinosaurs popup book by Sabuda. If you get one dino popup this is it.
Woodcraft dino kits, inexpensive, save several to mix into new species. Heavy on fine motor. Michael's carries these. Pack into a ziplock nicely.
Zoomorphs or something similar... we have several zoomorph sets and you can mix and match the parts. I don't see the dino set available anymore. There are also magna morphs which are easier on the fine motor for a toddler but I again I dont' see dino. Getting several sets over time has given us years of mileage, still using them at 6, stores into small container.