Thanks ellemenope. I'm going to look into all those ideas you suggested.

By dint of the lack of storage/play space in our tiny 900sqft condo, I've had to be vigilant about only picking toys with some longevity. We have a lot of blocks, cars and trucks, a keyboard, Schleich animal figurines, a few puzzles, some simple musical instruments, a Playmobil fire truck, paints and art supplies, and a little Magnadoodle. We also bought a large Snap Circuits kit on speculation. Bookshelves feature prominently in every room except the kitchen and bathrooms! My in-laws have lent us an extensive Brio train set, but we don't have any space for a permanent train table, as it would occupy all our floor space in our downstairs.

The space, or lack thereof, is a challenge because everything has to be assembled and reassembled upon each use. But, c'est la vie. Living in the heart of downtown is only affordable in a condo (a home one block away would conservatively run over $2 million...yikes!), and we want to access the amenities we use extensively without having to take a 1 hour drive whenever we want to go somewhere. smile

What is to give light must endure burning.