Thank you! You all make me feel like I have my own cheerleaders in this. smile

It is so weird to suddenly become aware of how pervasive a handicap your child has.... to be talking deficit and delay with a kid that you have always been concerned with acceleration and advancement. I think it's going to take some time to wrap my head around all this. Slowly I am understanding all the things that had puzzled me before.

Portia the VT place is a mile from my house (school is a half mile) but that sounds like wise advice, I will start collecting my crock pot recipes...if there is still OT involved it may get pretty crazy. And yes the exercises do seem to be strength building. Thanks for helping me understand that better. It was a lot to take in with the new doc.

Laurel thanks for mentioning Oliver Sacks! A quick google showed me he is someone I'd like to read. And yes! This is what the new doc is planning... do a baseline in the Fall before school starts then plan from there.

...which brings me to another research project. How do you get the ball rolling for a 504 plan? I am going to post this elsewhere but I now have 2 ODs who have examined him and insist that he needs a 504 right away. Even more so as the school is experimenting with accelerating him in the Fall.

Melessa glad to hear your son's VT is going well. I should PM you the site for the therapy our doc recommended. There may be a similar program where you are.