Originally Posted by mom2one
I also meant to ask this -- if I show the school district the testing results, and how it compares to the rest of the K class or the 1st grade class (achievement test scores, for example or assessments performed independently by our current school), would they differentiate for strengths and accommodate for any 2E scenarios? Or, would it be going back to scratch -- requesting an evaluation and getting a new set of tests done ?

My other challenge is getting any sort of accommodations (if attention issues are found). .

Direct quote from our principal, asked about the 'huge potential' DD's test scores indicated combined with mediocre performance and outright despair, and whether we can offer her anything to address her potential:
"We get asked that all the time. Unfortunately that's just not what we do here. We don't have the resources, or the responsibility, to do that."

This was the district's own testing. It's not likely to make any difference at all who does the testing, they can't do anything anyway. The budget set to pass this week eliminates all GT funding and requirements for the whole state.

We moved to a private, which I can recommend highly for HG+ or 2E.