We may be looking at a move to California from the East Coast. While the school my son goes to has a 6 out of 10 ranking on great schools, atleast they have acknowledged that he is advanced, but that there is nothing they can do about it. Added to this, we may be looking at a potentially 2E kind of scenario (his current school thinks he has attention issues).

How are schools in California (primarily, the south bay area) ? How open are they to differentiating ? Do they offer accommodations for potentially 2E kind of scenarios (attention issues)? Are there any specific schools you would recommend ? Everything I read on the internet suggests an almost unhealthy emphasis on testing from 2nd grade onward. While I am fine with testing, I am wondering if they primarily teach to the test. I know, in theory, every school has to offer FAPE, but I see a lack of information about any kind of accommodations (I have not searched extensively though). Also, are there any psychologists or neuro-psychologists you can recommend ?

While I can't say I love my kid's school, my kid seems happy enough to go to school, primarily for the extras (library, art, music, PE etc). I see a lot of schools in the south bay area have one half day every week. I also see almost no mention of art/music; any mention states it is all upto parent volunteers.

Any suggestions/recommendations ?