Originally Posted by 22B
Originally Posted by ColinsMum
Originally Posted by 22B
In our situation there is a very simple solution, that is perfectly satisfactory to us (for about the next decade),
Hold it right there! What?!?!

ETA FTAOD my point is - it's literally incredible that you can be sure, when your child is 7, that something will work for the next 10 years. If you can, you need to write the book/bottle the magic!
Let me clarify. We're in a virtual school. All we're asking is that they send the next course when the previous one is completed, (instead of having to wait 9 months for the next school year to start). If this would happen then we'd be perfectly satisfied that they were providing everything they could be expected to provide, not that we'd be perfectly satisfied in absolute terms.

Gotcha.

Is this a matter of "local teachers/admins are fine with this" and "national org, not-so-much?"

We've had that particular problem too. The solution is that you need to involve the highest level LOCAL (state-level) administrator who can deal with national. They'll pay more attention to him/her than to you.

Believe me, at 7yo, we would have thought this was the worst of our problems with our virtual charter school, too...

heheheh... Boy, were we wrong about that. wink But yes, at 7, this was definitely the problem.

ETA: if you really get in a situation where you're irritated not only with national (for not shipping curriculum and delaying/lying to you) then you can always do what we threatened to... just start recording zeros for attendance hours. THAT got their attention. {innocently} "Well, it seemed wrong to lie about how much time DD was spending working on the curriculum, since we... er... don't HAVE any right now..." grin

Last edited by HowlerKarma; 05/14/13 03:19 PM. Reason: for additional strategic motivational technique useful for virtual charter schools

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.