Originally Posted by master of none
Originally Posted by Kai
The College Board does not look at grades.

Here is the information I had to give the College Board when asking for accommodations for my homeschooled son:

--Identifying information
--The name of diagnosed disability
--The requested accommodations (in his case, double time for reading, written language expression, and math calculations; a word processor for essays; small group testing; and writing answers in the test booklet instead of filling in a bubble sheet)
--The documentation from the person who diagnosed the disability

None of this contained anything about his grades or what sort of student he is.

He got all of the accommodations that we requested except for the double time. They gave him time and a half instead.

Thank you! That's wonderful news that they don't look at grades. I will request our tester to not include grades in her report either.
When requesting extended time you do need to provide recent achievement testing like the WJ or WIAT showing a significant discrepancy btwn untimed and fluency (timed) sections as well as IQ scores showing a processing speed difference from other subtests and a diagnosis that explains the cause of the discrepancy. The achievement and IQ scores will probably make it pretty clear that the kid is gifted.