Yes, exactly.

The problem is that a system in which "testing with no accommodations" is a Gaussian distribution and in which "testing with accommodations" is BI-modal...

there is a problem with what a particular result means-- because those two cohorts are not mirror images of one another, and to compare scores across that divide, they must be.

That is to say that I understand completely why College Board has made it hard-hard-hard to get accommodations (extra time), but is ignoring the fact that they didn't NEED to do this for people who aren't seeking that particular accommodation. The other thing is that they are avoiding the ONE thing that could put a stop to this nonsense for real... and that is asking about household incomes.

{sigh} It'll never happen, of course, but the documentation ought to be VERY significant for that highest SES group in particular... since they are the only group which has been repeatedly implicated in fraudulent practices with respect to College Board's tests. I realize that sounds harsh, and frankly, my household might well be caught in such a net, but I am so fine with that if it means that it's fairer and easier for families making half what we do to simply get their kids the accommodations that they NEED in order to take the SAT on a level playing field. {SIGH}

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.