Originally Posted by gabalyn
1frugalmom, is homeschooling even a remote possibility? I realize it isn't for everyone, but it has worked so well for us academically, socially, and emotionally! I would be happy to tell you more if you are interested. I will just say that I sometimes have trouble relating to a lot of what is on this board because our experience homeschooling has been so easy, simple, and pleasant. I realize not everyone can swing it, of course. Just offering it in case it strikes a chord!

I would like to hear how you do your homeschooling. Do you do any online classes?

We thought about signing DD up for some online classes just to see how she does and how far she can go in math and language arts, but there are so many to choose from and not sure where to start. We don't want to spend a lot of money and then find out she has no interest in sitting in front of the computer to do school work.

That being said - I just don't know if homeschooling would work for us. I'm sure a lot of people have said that and then after they tried it found out they were wrong. We are not against homeschooling, just don't know if it would work for DD and how we would manage it. I work full time, DH works full time and he is also doing online college classes in order to change careers.